Strings in Schools are group violin, viola and cello lessons taught by professional musicians from the Mobile Symphony. Third-eighth grade students participate in a variety of in-school and after-school programs.
Strings Class instructors are all accomplished professional musicians with the Mobile Symphony who encourage students to reach their full potential. The instructors provide students with basic music theory training in addition to instrumental technique. Students also receive opportunities throughout the year to perform as a group for small audiences at their schools and in their community.
All students need to be sized for their instrument by either a strings class instructor or salesperson at the music store.
String instruments can be purchased or rented from several local and online music stores. Click store for a cost estimate.
We also recommend purchasing from the following web sites:
- Shar Music | www.sharmusic.com
- KK Music Store | www.kkmusicstore.com
- Southwest Strings | www.swstrings.com
- Woodwind Brasswind | www.wwbw.com
2021-2022 Participating Schools
Click on the school to download their registration form.
**All registration forms can be submitted by email to Daniela at firstname.lastname@example.org**
- Allentown Elementary School
- Austin Elementary School
- Barton Academy
- Clark-Shaw Magnet School
- Collier Elementary School
- Council Traditional School
- Denton Magnet School
- Dodge Elementary School
- E.R. Dickson Elementary School
- Holloway Elementary School
- O’Rourke Elementary School
- Old Shell Road Magnet School
- Semmes Elementary School
- Spencer-Westlawn Elementary School
- Wilmer Elementary School
- Belforest Elementary School
- Christ the King School
- Daphne East Elementary School
- Daphne Elementary School
- Fairhope West Elementary School
- Rockwell Elementary School
- Spanish Fort Elementary School
For more information, contact Daniela Pardo at (251) 432-2010